PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Website, Hot Juice automatically collects certain information about the device you’re using, which may include information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, as well as some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Hot Juice Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, which websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about your interactions with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer for the purposes of helping your shopping experience and are often accompanied by an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies on your browser, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Note: Disabling cookies may affect the functionality of your shopping experience.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We may collect information regarding your interaction with associated social media platforms especially regarding those directly operated or implemented by Hot Juice.
TRACKING COOKIES INFORMATION
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being sent. However, if your browser is set to not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some services or functions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies - We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
Preference Cookies - We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies - We use Security Cookies to protect your account through encryption.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
While using the HotJuice.com Website we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. This Personal Information may include but is not limited to:
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, Territory, ZIP/Postal code, City and Country
- Cookies and Device Information
This Personal Information may be used to contact you with marking or promotional materials and newsletters or other information that might interest you. You are able to opt into or out of receiving any or all of these transmissions from us by following the subscribe or unsubscribe links provided at the botton of every e-mail transmission we send.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hot Juice will also retain Device Information for internal analysis purposes. Device Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are under legal obligation to retain this data for longer time periods.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally, we use Order Information that we collect to fulfill and process any orders placed through the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging or packaging for shipping, and providing you with associated invoices and/or order confirmations, often via email). Additionally, we may at times use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you regarding orders, promotions, coupons, updates to this Policy and other Agreement
- Provide and maintain services of our Website
- Notify you about changes to our Website or services
- Allow you to participate in interactive feature of our Website when you choose to do so
- Provide Customer Support
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Screen and inspect our orders internally for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
Additionally, we use your Personal Information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Gather analysis or valuable information to help us improve the service of our Website
- Monitor the usage of our Website
- Detect, prevent, address or correct technical issues or functionality of our Website
With your consent we may additionally use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with special offers, news and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted to not receive such notices
- Provide you with the advertising or marketing materials of third parties
- Customize third party marketing or advertising you may see on third party websites
You have the legal right to withdraw you consent at any time.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address to help confirm the identity of the user), and more generally to improve and optimize our Website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to analyze the efficacy of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Use of Device Information can include offline data, purchased marketing data or lists for the purposes of better serving you through retargeting advertising based on pages you have visited, adding items to your shopping cart or following links to or from affiliated websites in order to enhance your shopping experience or abilities.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties or vendors to help us use your Personal Information, as detailed above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website to improve your shopping experience. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, other lawful requests for information we receive from government entities and private parties with legal power to do so, or to otherwise protect our rights.
CHANGE OF CONTROL
SECURITY OF DATA
Hot Juice protects your Personal Information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, fraud, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Safeguards we use may include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, information access authorization controls and other forms of preventative security. Your Personal Information security is important to us. However, it’s important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security due to conditions beyond our control.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on server computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it here.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
HotJuice.com makes all reasonable provisions to allow you to amend, delete, correct or limit the use of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information can always be amended, edited or deleted through your account settings page at any time. If you have trouble making changes to your Personal Information, or if you would like to be removed from our systems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make the desired change. You also have the right to be informed about what Personal Information we retain about you.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts or orders we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- You have the right to:
- Know what Personal Information we collect about you
- Receive a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable or commonly used electronic format upon request
- Update and modify personal information which is incorrect or incomplete
- Object to our processing of your Personal Information when collection is based on a legitimate interest
- Delete or restrict how we use your personal information, however this right is determined by applicable laws and may impact your access to the functionality of our Website as well as some of our services
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 or 21 dependent upon local laws governing the use of tobacco or CBD products. In addition, it is best to check statues with regards to the legality of our products in your respective state, country, territory or province.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by standard mail using the address provided below:
6520 Platt Ave Suite 947
Los Angeles, CA, 91307
COMPANY PHONE NUMBER
SERVICE OF PROCESS
Baker Marquart LLP
C/O Hot Juice
16th Floor, 2029 Century Park E
Los Angeles, CA 90067
LAST UPDATED ON:
Wednesday July 18, 2018