Although many college campuses are smoke free spaces, there is still a prevalent connection between the atmosphere of higher learning and smoking. The Hot Juice Smoke Free Merit Scholarship Award is given twice a year to those students either enrolled or accepted to an accredited four-year college or university as a testament to their commitment to a tobacco free future.
This biannual endowment is meant to solidify and encourage incoming students’ decisions to remain smoke and tobacco free throughout their scholastic career. Obviously, our commitment to helping the creation of a smoke free future extends beyond this scholarship. However, this academic merit award is meant to serve as a testament to our investment on a personal level in a way that directly reaches the community who needs it.
Details of the Hot Juice Scholarship Award
One winner we be selected per year to receive the Hot Juice Smoke Free Merit Scholarship Award of $5000 towards their tuition based on the merits of a 1000-word essay. We will select winners based on the criteria of academic merit, creativity, and relevance to their selected topic. A panel of judges will convene after the submission deadline September 31st 2019 to create a short list of outstanding essays from which a single winner of the Hot Juice Scholarship will be selected and announced on January 1st 2020.
In order to be eligible, candidates must be:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of submission
- Enrolled full time in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning either as a current
- Student or for the immediate upcoming semester
- In good academic standing with their present scholastic institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
To further meet eligibility requirements candidates meeting the above criteria must also provide:
- A photograph of their current student identification card or student identification number
- Full name (Last, First, Middle)
- Name of their present school or institution
- Current mailing address
- Working phone number
Selecting Your Scholarship Essay Topic
In order to qualify as a candidate for the Hot Juice Scholarship, students must submit a minimum 1000-word essay based on ONE of three following prompts:
- Describe an obstacle you have encountered in your life that you conquered using creativity or ingenuity. How did you identify the problem and why did you choose your particular course of action to triumph over this adversity?
- Was there someone influential in your life that helped to shape your future and empower you to succeed? Talk about how you met this person, the role they played in your life and how they helped to encourage your excellence.
- Based on the course of study you have selected to study or are currently pursuing a degree in, what motivated you to select this field? Discuss personal experiences, influences and anecdotes that led you to choose this major. What do you hope to accomplish with this achievement of expertise?
Please send all material requirements including your completed essay as an attached word document file to Jon@hotjuice.com by September 31st 2019. A panel of judges will meet to read and discuss submissions and the grant scholarship winner will be announced on January 1st, 2020. There is no entry fee for the Hot Juice Smok Free Merit Scholarship Award, limit one submission per student.
Note: Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the specified school in accordance with their requirements and protocols.
While Hot Juice is a company associated with the vaping industry, awarding of this scholarship endowment is in no way predicated on the knowledge, usage, expertise or endorsement of our products or their use. This scholarship is our way of using our position in a growing industry to give back and spread the good will we believe in.